Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Oh yeah, I have a blog

So it's been a really long time since posting, which isn't a surprise to me, cause I'm a slacker. But now as I sit in my dining room and realize that I haven't studied for comps in 2 days, I figure, what is there to lose?

Today I sent 3 things abroad, 2 to Israel and 1 to Samoa. Yes, Samoa, isn't that fun? I have a pal involved in the Peace Corps now. This makes me think that I want to be in the Peace Corps too, but I'm old and if I left next year, I'd be 30 when I got back. Shudder. Who would marry me then?

Went home a few weeks ago for my mom's birthday. It was homey. You know, messes everywhere, cat freaking out, unsanitary conditions, and a pile of dishes that would impress everyone. My mom send me a text the other day asking for money. My life is awesome. This is probably why I want to do the Peace Corps. Woman can't be boddering me if I'm isolated in Bolivia or Jordan (why would I go anywhere else?). We also had a picnic at Pymatuning State Park which was fun, if a bit rainy. Then we fed fish. It's much cooler than it sounds, I swear. The next day, I went to my older sister's house to help babysit her grandchildren (yes, grand, and yes, plural, there are actually 3 of them, but only 2 were involved).

I didn't like the way that the little boy was treated. It's almost like they expect him to be a brat and a screwup since that's how my family is. But he and I were playing and having a great time. He accidentally called me "mommy" 4 times. That was awkward. All they do is plop him in front of the TV all day. Poor guy.

Oh, and there's a guy...who we shall call Sabi. It's a cute nickname for "sabra" since he's Israeli. Plus, he'd freak out if I put him name here. What if his students found out? He's a little paranoid about that. The other day, I learned a new world "weal" and he learned 3: "awry" "cunningulus" and "ho". It was a good day. The good thing about Sabi is that since he is new to the city, we have to do stuff! I do loves me some stuff. We went to the New World of Coke (significantly better than the old one, but still not worth $15), rafting on Ocoee, and to a Native American mound site in North GA (Ewotah or something), and to the Botanical Gardens. This week we shall partake of the MLK center and good Jewy fun (synagoguing of course), plus maybe a comedy dealie at Tech...we'll see.

I have a funky ear infection, but it's getting better. I have some unimpressive drugs, and ear drops that are basically acid. It sucks because I never realized how sensitive the inner ear skin is. Trust me, no acid should be there. Ouch. PS never, ever put stuff in your ears. You don't want what I got. Trust me.

So this was good procrastinating, and Shyam will be pleased that I blogged. Tis all I can think of for now. Let me know if you want me to wax about anything in particular.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her Sabi told me that Sara forces him to learn all these dirty words (excluding weal).

Sara said...

Well, I did teach him "ho", because of the Jeopardy thing, but he forced cunningulus upon himself. Ali G mentioned it in an interview, and I started laughing...he demanded to know what it was. I'm innocent! And awry is a perfectly good word which I used several times today, if you know what I mean.