So, it's come to my attention (both inside my brain, and from Shaam) that I haven't updated this blog in a really long time. It's true. So here I am in Haifa, I've been here for more than a month. There are two ulpan sections, the first is done, and all my old friends (well most) have gone. There is a new group, and I almost don't have the energy to befriend more people. I'm trying though.
Right now, I am sitting in the common area of my dorm, cause wi-fi works here. There is a boy that I was gonna try to be friends with. I met him on our weekly hike around the Carmel Mountain (the University of Haifa is on the top of said mountain). I found out that he's not all that cool, which was disappointing, cause it's always good to be friends with kipa-clad boys. Anyways, so it's Shabbat, and I'm sitting here on my computer. Kipa boy is sitting just over there, and I think he's busy judging all of us here using electricity, cause he's sitting there with his tzitzit reading his Bible.
We've been going on lots of trips around the area, pictures from most of which are now posted on my Picasa page. Last weekend, three friends and I went to Petra in Jordan. I took lots of pictures, and also brought home food poisoning. Yaaaaay food poisoning. I'm better now, thanks to the magic of drugs. But I ate this morning and didn't take any medicine, and my stomach seems to be ok. This is happy news.
I have a different Hebrew instructor this time, which is great cause the last one, um, wasn't impressive. We're actually talking in class, and so I can put sentences together and even say them now. I was starting to panic, because how can I come home and not be able to speak? But class is going okay, and I'm getting a tutor to practice with, because I know that I won't be able to talk to Yariv in English anymore. My flight leaves on Sept 9...Rosh Hashana is on the 12th. :-(. I don't think I'll be able to stay, because Sept 9th is 3 months since I arrived, and I think that my ticket won't work after that. Yariv invited me to his house for the holiday. Next time...next time.
I don't really have anything else to say at this point. Any questions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment